Mild Spoilers for the game Dead Rising 2
For now, I put a temporary halt on finishing that Zombie Genocider Master achievement in lieu of just playing the damn game. I did need to go through and complete the survivor notebook, so I made another save and ran through the game, saving survivors and such.
While doing so, I got a chance to re-experience the Dead Rising 2 story. It made me think of how I am as a father and how Chuck is to his daughter Katie. This got me thinking, “what would it be like if I was in his situation”. Take note, that there are HOARDS of zombies infesting Fortune City and quite a few dozen psychopaths running mad killing people.
Chuck has a lot of stones for doing what he has to do for his lil’ baby girl. I’d do the same and I share that same feeling, that I’d do anything by ANY MEANS NECESSARY, to make sure she survives. After all, it’s our natural instincts to ensure our offspring survive us.
But to make sure that happens, Chuck has to cut, shoot and bash his way through the gauntlet in order to give his girl her dosage of Zombrex. (Medicine she needs to survive)
My conflict is, should I somehow end up surviving that madness, would I be the same?! All the killing, the rotting stench burned into my brain, the brutality of everything that occurs during the course of the game; would I be ANY different than the psychopaths I killed in self defense. Probably not and I’d imagine ending as zombie food eventually; I feel bad for my daughter if we ended up like that.
So, here are some questions for you guys. (Answer ANY ones you like)
- If you were in Fortune City, knowing how and where everything is. How would go about surviving the incident?
- Knee deep into the 72 hours in Fortune City, you’ve saved quite a few survivors. (we’ll say 30) How do you feel?
- The 72 hours is up, the military ISN’T coming and there will not be AN ATTACK TO STERILIZE the city. What’s your next step?
- What’s your weapon(s) of choice?!
- You’re exploring Fortune City, you want to have a good time, where to?! (Zombies included or NOT)
- You’ve gone crazy!!! How are you today? And what are you wearing to dinner??